Thursday, April 14, 2011

His Plan

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” Lamentations 3:22-24

Yesterday was a hard day.
 
I am tired.

I am tired of waiting and wondering.

I am tired of not having answers and making up plans in my head.

By nature I am a planner.  I like to know what is going to happen and when and how it is going to happen.  When I go too long without answers I begin making plans that may or may not turn out correctly.

Then there is usually disappointment and frustration.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

God has plans for me.  I need to remember that they are not my plans.  I need to hold what is going to happen lightly in my hands.

Today I go to the doctor to discuss my treatment options.

Today I will hopefully have some answers as to what things are going to look like.  Realistically I know that I will not have every answer for everything that will happen for the next year.

I have to be ok with that.

God has a plan and He is faithful to bring it to fruition in His own time.  I see His new mercies every day.

So today pray that I will not try to get ahead of Him.  That I will be ok with a little information at a time and trust that He is going to work everything out.

His plan.

His time.

His glory.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.  And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. Romans 8:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment