Saturday, April 9, 2011

Daughter of the King

Today was a beautifully sweet, overwhelmingly emotional day that I will cherish for a long time to come. 

Every year our church holds an event called Daughters of the King.  It is an event directed at school aged girls kindergarten through 5th grade.  It is designed to show them who they are in the Lord.  We want to show girls at a very young age that their beauty and worth is found only in the Lord and not the things of this world such a clothes, jewelry, friends and the standard of beauty that the world holds women to. 

While we do this for the girls, it is for all women of all ages to know that they are deeply loved by the Creator of the Universe and when they have given their lives to Him and are His daughter, it is a love that can never be broken.

The Lord reminded me today that I am His.  He spoke His love over me and showed me that I am beautiful.  No matter what happens to this body of mine, He has my heart and that is what he loves.

The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”  1 Samuel 16:7

I am thankful that I know these things.  I am thankful that the Lord has given me the faith to believe His promises are true.  I pray that these will carry me through what might lie ahead.

Because I am still a girl.

I still like pretty.

I still have flesh that creeps out and tells me lies about myself.

I still look in the mirror and see what the world sees.

Lord help me.

My prayer is that I would fear the Lord above man.  That I would recognize truth and listen to the Lord.

Pray this with me and for me.  Pray that the Lord would clear my mind and that He would speak to my heart.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to teach girls to focus on looking at themselves through God's eyes! Thank you for sharing.
    Just so you know, when I see you, I see a strong beautiful Christian woman <3 Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know that I am also praying for you and the boys. I praise God for you and the inspiration you are to me! I love you, I miss you, I am praying for you, and I cannot wait to see you again in just five more weeks :)

    ReplyDelete