Thursday, May 19, 2011

No More Cancer

I met with the oncologist today.

I am cured.

Or as the doctor says 99.9% cured...because no doctor says 100% cured.

Everyday I continue to be amazed at God's faithfulness.

Because He specifically said to me 'get a mammogram' and I obeyed they detected the cancer before it became invasive.

Had I waited or second guessed hearing God this could be a totally different story.

God loves me enough to want to speak to me and He blesses my obedience.

Since the cancer was not invasive and not in the lymph nodes I will not have to have radiation or chemotherapy.

Can I get a praise God!!

So today I got blood work done and will schedule PET scans and chest X-Rays to check the rest of my body. She started talking about having other things checked out by my primary doctor.  I told her that I don't usually go to the doctor on a regular basis.

She looked at me in the face and said 'Happy Birthday, you are 40...now you do'!!

Ouch!!

But it is a small price to pay for my health.  Now, I can't say that the idea of all of these tests doesn't make me nervous at what they might find.  Those thoughts will always be in the back...or sometimes right in the middle of my mind.

But I do know that the same God that told me to get a mammogram is the same God that was there during my meltdown on Monday and is the same God that will be with me through test after test and whatever lies ahead.

I took you from the ends of the earth.  From its farthest corner I called you.  I said 'you are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.  So do not fear, I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:9-10


So today praise God with me.  Praise Him that He is always good and always faithful.  Continue to pray for my healing, I am getting stronger each day.  Pray for upcoming tests and that I will continue to rest in the peace that God gives me and trust that He has the very best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment