Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers Day


Happy Mothers Day.

You are never too old for your mother.  When you are a baby and a small child you want your mother to hold you, to rock you and to kiss your boo boo and make it better.

Then you reach adolescence.  You try really hard to pretend that you do not have a mother.  You fight for your independence and think that you know everything and mom has no clue (but secretly you still think she is the best because she makes good food and snuggles up with you when no one is looking!).

And then something happens when you become an adult, you realize that everything your mother said was true and she really did know things.  The world starts getting hard and you still want your mother to hold you, to rock you and to kiss your boo boo and make it better.

Ah moms...there is nothing like them.  They are strong and courageous and yet soft and gentle.  They are capable of doing forty-seven things at one time and yet really listen when their child needs them. 

I have really been missing my mother a lot.  You will always miss your mother, but sometimes more than others.  I know that there have been a lot of days that I wish my mom was here to rock me and kiss this boo boo and make it better.

But I am thankful for the time that I had with my mother, the memories and the love.  She was a very special lady.

So if you still have your mother with you, make sure that you call her and love on her...not just today but everyday.

If your mother is gone, rejoice in the time that you had. 

Make new and special memories with your own kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment